Is this a runabout or a topless coupe?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Is this a runabout or a topless coupe?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

I found this on Craigslist. I don't know about the improved cars so I can't tell the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Doughty Central wisconsin on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

Corey
It is a topless coupe late 23,24,25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

Ok thanks. It looks like it has a spare tire carrier for demountables? It has wire wheels. No motor. Guy was making a rat rod I guess. That's what he says it would be good for anyway. He probably tossed the rest of the body. It's on east Texas craigslist for $1500

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Its a 23-25 Coupe. Take off the Coupe body and you can build a touring or roadster. It does have the correct Coupe fenders.

Looks like it has a open car windshield stuck on it.

It will be more much harder to find the rest of the parts to build a complete Coupe than to build a touring or roadster from what you have.

You will seldom see the parts for a T closed car at most swap meets. You can find them but not as plentiful as the open cars. Nobody makes the body trim pieces, window risers and a few other interior parts such as the windshield frame and interior trim.

Good luck!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration