Someone Needed in Central IL to Check Out Some T's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Someone Needed in Central IL to Check Out Some T's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Is there anyone who lives near Easton, Illinois or Staunton, Illinois that can check out Model Ts that are for sale?

I have a collector friend who is dead serious about getting into a Model T and he found three of them, two in Staunton and one in Easton.

I think he is willing to pay for the time and expertise to check them out before he makes offers.

Please PM me if you can and I'll give you the rest of the info.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

Anybody??? Please???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Marty, I'm just too curious! What are the T's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Bill, here's what I need checked out:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/1861778.html

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ford/model-t/1820557.html

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/1861780.html

You may have to cut and paste

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Marty,

Two of those cars are in Easton, MD, not Easton, IL.

The MD Touring car looks funky. I believe that's the wrong top for a high radiator/slant window body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

The MD Roadster top also looks somewhat misshapen, to my eye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

Ooops. Thanks, Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

If the funky tops are the only issue I think one would be doing okay for the price asked. I'd be far more concerned about when the engine was rebuilt, if at all, etc. I think the top on the runabout from Illinois looks far worse. Has tears in the rear panel also. The MD cars just look to have had a bad fit of a fairly recent replacement? All three easily rectified with a phone call to Classtique! Been there, done that!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration