Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street, Roseau, Minn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street, Roseau, Minn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 11:59 am:

I would like to have some of those cars.. Great Pic!!Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

I like the single street lamp. Bet it didn't put out much light but at the time was probably the cats ass! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Is that a gas pump or something else at the curb on the right side of the old picture? It seems to have a hose.

roseau

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

I really like all these old town pictures thanks for posting them.

It must be very hot Roseau in the second picture looks like the buildings are starting to melt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Brian
Looks like RED CROWN gasoline to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

I have one of those streetlights out in front of my house.
It gives off a wonderful soft glow with a simple 6w LED retro
Edison style bulb. As I found them in service years ago,
they often carried 300w incandescents that lit up a large
area light a bomb.

When I began restoring these and putting them back into
service, I hunted up a 300 watter and immediately took it
out ..... OBNOXIOUS ! I ran straight 60w clear incandescents
in them for the past 15 years, but with the advent of LED
retro styled bulbs, did some experimenting and the 6s
Edisons look good and give off a real nice, warm light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Jay,

Thanks, for sharing this. I can finally see what my grandfather saw when he was a child. He grew up on a farm about ten miles from this intersection. When I was a child, he told me lots of stories about the mischief that he got into when his dad brought him into town. I always knew it would be a good story when it started with the line "I and Jeffery Reesberg..."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Very neat, I just had breakfast at the cafe in the building right behind the red car on Saturday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Great to hear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 06:42 am:

Interesting summer shot of life in Roseau. I wonder how many cars you'd see on that street back in the day during the winter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:19 am:

Brian..how do you post those Google Earth pics?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

Tim,
with my PC I use the Snipping Tool that came with the software. It allows you to select and save anything that shows on the monitor. It's the icon at the bottom of the screen with the scissors. Once you have the view you want to snip, click on the icon and you can select what you want to save. I usually use the Paint tool that also came with the computer to make adjustments. Usually the pics are too large so I resize them down.
Best regards.

snip

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration