Old Photo - Hey! Your Shoe Lace Is Untied!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Hey! Your Shoe Lace Is Untied!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:55 am:

Look Ma....No Hands! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Good picture.. Recon the safety regulations were not to bad in that day!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

The steering column looks funny, too steep of an angle. I don't think it's a Ford also the parking brake lever is next to the gear shift lever in the middle of the floor. I'll take one what ever it is! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Jay: The pictures are great-but gives me the shakes!. When we lived in Missouri and on the farm a neighbor and his son was going to help cut some fire wood. The saw rig had a ball bearing table and Ford V-8 engine. was time for us to move to a new location, the engine was shut down, we moved and was ready to start again, we started the engine, came up to cutting speed, the kid came around past the blade and the other fellow (friend) waved his hand to close the throttle and when I did the blade nut and large washer came loose and the blade came off the mandrel, dropped to the ground and was gone in a flash, well the friends kid just miss getting sliced in half, and the blade went down the hill and came to a stop 800 or 900 feet away and that ended the wood cutting and then the blade had to sharpened and set. From that day on we would use a big wrench and tighten the blade nut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

My uncle sawed off a thumb and a finger with one of those things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

I've used one of those not to many years ago in Montana. Ran it off my H International. Cut like crazy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Emil Nowak had one mounted on the front of his H in the winter. Very handy as you cut you just drove closer to the pile! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Gives a new meaning to paying an arm and a leg for firewood. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration