Holley G throttle plate source?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Holley G throttle plate source?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

I've got this carburetor apart for rebuild. Where can I get another throttle/choke plate? I'm missing one. The vendors have them for NH, L4 etc. but none for the G. Will one for the other carbs interchange?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

The choke and throttle arms on the early NH will interchange with the G, so maybe the plate will also. Get one and try it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

If not, you can purchase brass discs on Etsy. Check the size you need. The ones I purchased for a 5 ball were the right thickness, but I had to cut down the diameter on a lathe. In a former thread, Art explained how to hold the disc in a chuck. It turned out good.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/128454157/brass-discs-18-gauge-stamping-blanks?utm_ source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_branded-craft_supplies_and _tools-freeutm_custom1=5e2c1bf9-e977-4d5d-9e8c-f217458b06d3&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7K7CBR Crwt26v5uHs98BEiQA0JzsZ3aWacmHGKOM8SXx5CZ836sd2vP9NrGP-H8Kjjo4yBMaAqB38P8HAQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

The openings on both carbs measure 11/16" with a ruler. It will probably interchange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

OK thanks. I guess now I need to order parts. What about the spray needle? Smith and Jones has them for $9, but they don't have some of the parts. Langs has the needles for an NH. Doesn't matter as long as I can get one but then I have to pay shipping from 2 places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

If you have to buy a lot of parts to finish yours, you might be money ahead buying a complete rebuildable one (if it's still available):

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/700240.html?1481139169

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/700229.html?1481137730

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

I'm only missing the spray needle and choke plate. I bought the carb to get the float and needle. I broke my float and dropped the needle and lost it. At that time nobody had new needle/seats. I thought I'd rebuild this one and see if I can sell it and make a buck or two.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration