Old Photo - "Good Roads" Street Paving 1915, Sandusky, Ohio

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - "Good Roads" Street Paving 1915, Sandusky, Ohio
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

I was thru Sandusky the other day and that crew is still there!

I Googled W.H. Homberger Contracting and they must have been a sizeable company in 1921-22 they are mentioned in many periodicals of the day and many road contracts.

As the sign on the machine says: W.H. Homberger - Up to Date- Contractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

We live 12 miles south of Sandusky & run there a lot in one of our Ts. Dennis I wish I knew you were this way..woulda loved to meet and BS about our cars! Maybe Jim Riedy will recognize this spot...he's lived in the city far more than I. Last few years the streets have been horrible but the city is finally on a street repaving program. Thanks for the neat pic Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

I am guessing that is Steam powered from the tank and stack at the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Steam for sure Rich. Pretty sure that's a vertical boiler as the water glass and steam guage are visible in the photo. Another great photo by the way Jay,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

That could be Hayes Ave. looking north,from Tyler st. that store would now be the Golden rose florist and the whole left side would be Firelands Regional medical center. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

How many yards of concrete can you mix in that little mixer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

As many as you want! :^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

In the early twenties when my dad came to the big city from little one-horse Sedan, his first job was pouring concrete on the new highway between Arkansas City and Winfield. The arrival of the automobile brought a boom in the paving industry.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration