Any pictures/info on installation of a Vega steering box in a T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Any pictures/info on installation of a Vega steering box in a T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Another friend wants to install front brakes and is thinking of using a Vega steering box. Looking for pictures and info. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

I hope that the Vega steering box is of better quality then the rest of the car. The Vega would be in the running for my personal "Worst POS of all time" award.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Found this with a few pics.

www.mtfca.com Model T Ford Forum Forum 2014

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:17 pm:

The Vega box became very popular in rods in the mid-70's. It is still used today but most of the boxes a re-pro. I would suggest you talk to people at Speedway.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/?utm_source=marketing&utm_campaign=bf112716&utm_me dium=email&utm_content=i_offer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

use Speedway search.... vega...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

oops, try Search: mtfca Vega steering throttle & advance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Here is another link I found searching
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/81517.html
Thank you for the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

Royce Peterson's dad used a 56 Ford pickup truck steering gear on his Model A. I have no details, only what he told me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration