Introduction and Model T mania.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Introduction and Model T mania.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a long time Corvair nut, now in the Model T world. I thought Corvair people where pleasantly diseased. After only 3 weeks I am truly impressed by the level of obsession and compulsion exhibited by Model T'ers.

I hereby volunteer my services as group Psychiatrist although I admit to succumbing to the disease myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

none of us are addicted to any other type of automobile Wink,wink nod secret handshake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Ignacio, I too, am a recovering Corvair guy, but also now have added speedsters to my addiction list. I'm only 74.8 so maybe there's hope. Good looking T and Corvair in your pics. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Rippin on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

I just registered here today having recently become an owner of a 1924 Touring car. Among my other cars is a 66 Corvair Corsa.
I have learned a lot from following past discussions on this group. I have some work to do before attempting to start the T. and I'm waiting for parts at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Hehehe! Ignacio, IF one can see there own problems, that's half of the recovery! You already see your own problem/sickness with your T? You're lucky... ;-)
AND I saw the Corvair in your pics and wanted to comment but you did that for me! :-)
I have to admit that I can step back every great once in awhile and think that this is messed up, I've been striving to be where I'm at my whole life (having almost too many machines around here to keep up with). The key word is almost... Couldn't be happier! Wait, the '45 Ford dump truck hasn't ran in 10 years OOPS! 14 years...
The '28 Twin City tractor hasn't ran in that long also.
Made me mad just the other day tho, I had to spend $100.00 and buy a new battery for the motor grader. But $200.00 on insulation for the little shed that houses the '18 Tin Cup roadster? No problem... It's cozy in there now. BUT the Crappy '24 roadster got kicked out of that shed I built for it last year so the Tin Cup had a place to be.

Corvairs? Look at you guys! Got a '60 four door running for my brother-in-law when I was a kid. Darn near bought a different '60 four door that was local. I should've. I'm a wannabe in that Corvair sickness. :-) A local fella has 3 or so of the darn things! They're nice! He's got it bad!
G.R. and Eric, nice rag-tops gentlemen!
Eric, when do we see more pics of your touring? Looks nice! Welcome! I'm anxious to know how it runs for you!

Doctor Valdes, my wife actually owned our latest pile of model 3-1/2 model T's for a whole week before I payed her back in the second week of August of this year. Do you think she'll be OK for the long term and not get bit with this bug/sickness?
Doctor Valdes? You sure you want to offer your service to folk like this? ;-)
Great post Ignacio! Sorry for the long winded babble I just typed.
:-)
WAIT! The '29 International speedster pickup down in the woods.... Doc, help meeeee...............

(Message edited by Duey_C on December 11, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

We all have that to many cars sickness for sure. We can always find a reason to buy another project. I always tell my wife I am selling one of my cars when I buy the the next one. I assume that's why she rolls her eyes when I say it. Yes a sickness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

Committal to this asylum is voluntary, and the patients seem to like it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Many years ago we had "T-Monk" on this site, who offered to relieve us of "the object of our addiction" by giving them to the monastery, where they would be cared for and no longer inflict their addictive powers on others. He also accepted donations to the Orphan's fund (Yes, singular orphan) while he would have the monks' choir sing "A Mighty Magneto has the Ford" (A power ever-failing).
AFAIK, no one ever took him up on his offer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

I have never owned a Corvair, but came very close a year ago. I still like them, but I'll stick to Ts for the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

Ignacio, My first two cars were Corvairs. A 1960 four door, and a 1961 two door. I always wanted a 1965 Spyder though. A few years ago I actually saw one for sale and thought about stopping. Then I recalled the endless hours of trying to dam up the oil leaks in the thing, rusty floor panels with holes in them, and a heater that never worked below freezing. So I said to myself "Keep on driving dude, keep on driving"...and I did. Much happier with my Model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration