Calcium Carbide for headlight gas generators - correct grade ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Calcium Carbide for headlight gas generators - correct grade ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

I have found a potential supplier for carbide for my running board generator but see they have different sizes of "lumps" available, presumable for various applications. What is the correct size for a Model T gas generator ?
They list from Grit up to 2" lumps.

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

I get the miners grade from Karst Sports. It is about $100 for four pounds plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

This supplier just lists it by size. I assumed 1/4"-1/2" might be right ? It is much cheaper than what you pay Royce, but I have to buy bulk and hopefully bag and sell some on to other owners, but need to buy the right item ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

1/4" - 1/2" should be perfect.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration