Going to town-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Going to town-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Or may be the Clampetts cousins were moving too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

No need to carry tools if you carry a horse. I wonder if its a horsepower thing.
Or maybe the women and children are old school and like to ride behind the horse.
So many questions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:32 am:

Great photo Herb, I wonder if that's a safe place for that woman and kids to be riding? When I was an OTR truck driver, I soon learn to stay away for those bull haulers, as if one of those bulls decided to get go, it would not be a pretty thing to be anywhere near it.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:50 am:

Obviously that is a very old photo, but in Massachusetts, it's illegal to ride in a trailer - except for a loaded horse trailer. I have often wondered what it would be like to pull two trailers. I'm sure that backing up any distance is not an option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:07 am:

John, when I work for Conway Central Express, I use to pull a set of doubles (2 trailers) from Bellows Falls, VT to Albany, NY each night I worked and backing up 2 trailers was not an option.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Now THAT is different! Nice pic Herb! I'm like Dallas...as with all these pics that y'all find and post, as I've said before..I would love to find the history on this...where, when, what kind of car? It looks like a beast! I'm assuming that little sidewalk is leading up to the house. The yard looks like a field of dandelions maybe. Wonder where their descendants are...is that mom & pop in the car, and the nanny with what looks to be maybe twins in the "caboose"?? And the questions just keep on coming! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Often see non-commercial two trailer hook ups in Michigan. Usually a camper trailer with a boat trailer behind. Understand you need a permit of some sort to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

This is really a bizarre picture. Given the era, I can't figure why they thought hauling that pony in an awkward jury-rigged stock rack improvised on a spring wagon was better than simply leading the animal, if it wasn't broke to ride or to harness. The "caboose" looks like it could be one of those rather specialized vehicle called a "Shooting Break" - seating for four, back to back, and room for the dogs below, something usually associated with English estates. I wonder where this was taken ? I bet the kids just thought it was more fun to ride in it rather than the car, which had probably lost its novelty.

Only think I'm sure of is like Tim, I think that lawn is full of dandelions !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

I don't know when it was stopped in Mich but you can't haul a trailer in back of a trailer! You can haul a trailer in back of a fifth wheel though.We hauled our 18' enclosed with the T in back of our 25' fifth wheel to the OCF for many years.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration