Larnard Kansas 1910

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Larnard Kansas 1910
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 06:37 am:

The city is spelled differently in the cancel mark that it is on the front of the card.
I suppose only one is correct, or are there two different towns?
I think there is a Ford in the mix, so it must be either a '09 or'10.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:52 am:

A lotta cars for 1910!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

The address is simply "Preston, Pratt Co(unty), Kan(sas) !

I guess everybody knew everybody in that town/county !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

It is "Larned". I believe the building on the left is still there. Would you be interested in selling that postcard?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Car 2nd fr0m right in front row is 1904 2cylinder Rambler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

1905 not 1904

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 08:23 pm:

Great cars. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

The postmark is correct. If you're ever in the area, the old frontier post at fort Larned is worth a visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

I think the front row of cars is Jackson, Model 10 Buick, Rambler and Mitchell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

I think you are right Dan. They must have had an active Rambler nearby. I think I see 3 more in the second row. One on each side of the Jackson? at left and one above the Rambler in the first row. A Mason may be the car above the left Jackson. There are several cars with cyclops headlights. Pictures that early are fun to see.
Thanks for finding and sharing it Herb.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

active Rambler ....DEALER..... nearby

(sorry!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Richard,

You are correct, there are several Ramblers in the photo. I also see a Northern in the right rear of the photo, completely stuffed with people!

Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration