Old Photo - Model T Era - Sixth Street South, Grants Pass, Oregon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Sixth Street South, Grants Pass, Oregon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Great pic, neat looking downtown with the various building architecture. Can't wait for someone smarter than me to post a Google Earth view at the same spot. I haven't learned how to do that yet. Never seem to have the time to mess with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

Here it is. This is the link to Google Maps. https://goo.gl/maps/LmiQZXPbLg42 If you "drive" down the street, there are a couple of buildings on the left and one on the right that match, but the have been modified to take some of the "doodads" off the top. An example is the building on the left with the weathervane in the old picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

Some western states have pretty stringent earthquake codes. It is possible that some of the ornamentation had to be removed in order to comply with modern regulations.
BTW: Why has this forum decided to post my middle initial, that is not what shows up in the username box?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:27 am:

Thanks Chris, but will do. Now how do you get that shot posted on here? I love this stuff and need to learn! thanks. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Well, this might not be the most straightforward way, but it works for me . . .
- Go to Google Maps Street View and find the picture you want. (not always easy!)
- Do Alt-PrintScrn to capture the window.
- I then use a great free image processing tool called IrfanView. Open IrfanView, do ctrl-V to paste the image into the tool
- Select the area of the picture you want
- Edit - Crop
- Save somewhere as a jpg.
You can then upload the image as a reply on the forum.

Sounds complicated, but once you have the tool set up and do it a couple of times, it's really pretty easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 09:04 am:

Thanks Chris, I'll give it a try. I have a MAC, so I'll have to find it's alternative to the Alt-PrintScrn command. It'll have one somewhere. Still learning the MAC differences.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration