Way off topic, Army insignia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Way off topic, Army insignia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:28 am:

This is off topic but I know there is somebody here that can help. I went to my mom's where my T was born to look for an oil cap and get some blasting grit from her shop. I found this letter organizer that my dad had made. He was in the army and had put some kind of insignia on it that is gone. Was wondering if anybody can tell from the outline what it could have been. I was going to put it in my house. He was in the army around 68, 69. I hate to rant but somebody stole my tiller from up there and I'm sure that sparkly little insignia didn't just fall off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Corey, See if you can find your Dad's DD-214 form. You should be able to get it from the Army, if you don't have one at home. That form will tell you what units your Dad was with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Know what unit he was with? There is a similarly-shaped unit insignia for the 75th Field Artillery brigade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

I'll ask my mom when she gets in what unit he was in. I think there are a few of those insignias in a box somewhere in the house. I went back while ago and got my RC Cola thermometer off the wall and some rims, rods, my tackle box from when I was a kid etc. I had a go cart and a 3 speed 49 International transmission in there. I've got some hoods for the same and a blasting cabinet I need to get before somebody else does. She lives by a little side road and it's easy to get stuff out of there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration