1926 Roadster Transmission / Cold Starting question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 Roadster Transmission / Cold Starting question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

I got the Starter fixed and working. When trying to start cold the car lunges. Once the car starts everything seems fine. You can hit the starter button after it has been ran for a little and she cranks over easily only have the issue when it first starts. Is that common or is it out of adjustment?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Could be the high clutch plates sticking together from cold oil on the first start of the day.

When you park the car for the night, leave the handbrake handle fully forward in high gear and chock a wheel. Having the handle fully forward will keep the cold oil from getting between the disks and sticking them together.

Pull the handle fully back before starting, of course. Keep the wheel chocked until after the car starts and has run for 30 seconds or so. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Pretty normal stuff Gerald.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 03:23 pm:

That is what I was hoping for. I will try the handbrake forward trick next time.
Thanks
Gerald

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration