OT Another museum to visit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Another museum to visit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

A friend sent me a clipping about this place. Looks like a must stop the next time I pass through the Dayton area.

http://www.americaspackardmuseum.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Always loved the 20's vintage Packards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:05 am:

There is actually a much better Packard Museum in Warren Ohio where Packard was 1st started.

I loaned my Packard TwinSix to this museum with excellent results. They have a very nice well rounded display of Packard's. They also have a nice collection of artifacts.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:06 am:

If I had loads of dough...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:09 am:

Nice place. But as I reflect on Henry,s ideas of how to make money selling cars I see that Packard made some very nice high end cars. But Ford selling Model T,s stayed in business. I think that Henry was thinking way ahead of the rest, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:30 am:

Rolls-Royce also stayed in business...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:30 am:

Packard died for several reasons. One was failure to keep up with advances. My 1951 Dodge truck has electric wipers. In 1955 Packard still had those vacuum atrocities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 06:27 am:

The Packard museum in Warren is a nice place and just under went renovation. I hope to get back soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:53 am:

The Packard Museum in Dayton is outstanding. I'm also a big Packard fan and own a 1939 Packard 120 in addition to my T. My favorite part of the Dayton museum is that they have service counter displays still in place, a 1937 Packard 1507 limo (my dream car is Jack Benny's 1507), and a number of other amazing vehicles. In addition to their superb collection of production vehicles they have arguably the most famous Packard of all time, the Jess Vincent speedster.

(Message edited by zdillinger on December 13, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 08:54 am:

My wife's 29 town sedan a a electric wiper.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 09:38 am:

GM was still using vacuum wipers in 1955.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 10:35 am:

Just think, Steve, if you had that blue roadster you toss your T model in the trunk for a spare. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Packard and Pierce if I recall correctly met a similar fate. Both were purchased by Studebaker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 10:44 am:

The Packard brothers were from Warren, so it makes sense for the National Packard Museum to be there. It's near the road I take to Hershey, so I guess I need to take an extra day going or coming home next year and see both museums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

The VMCCA 1&2-cylinder tour this year visited the Packard museum in Warren. Neat place, but I seem to recall their hours are limited. Better call ahead rather than just pop in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Many years ago there was a guy named Rod Blood in Newton, MA who had a collection that was about 95% Packards. All were unrestored, but all were stored inside and were in great shape. When he died (I'm guessing about 35 years ago), there was an auction at his huge barn (several stories with an elevator) and I am told that just about every serious Packard collector in the world was there. If you visit a great Packard collection, one of Rod's cars is probably a part of it. He did have a couple of Ts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration