Holley G where does this passage go?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Holley G where does this passage go?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 11:42 am:

I can't figure out where this passage goes. It comes out the bottom, ends up under the Venturi. It doesn't look like it goes all the way through, or it does but looks sealed off on top. Looks like if it were open gas would drain out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 11:48 am:

I have the same thing on a 4 ball carburetor. Sealed off at the top. Never did figure out the purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

I've got a 4 ball on my 14 and yes it has that passage too but I never really looked at where it went. I guess nowhere. Wonder why they would just drill holes there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

It's the venturi overflow drain in the event the little cupped area overflows due to float failure. I've rebuilt many of these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

These carbs have two overflow drains. One for the bowl and one for the Venturi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

The tube should come up to just below the bottom of the Venturi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

I understand how it works now. Had to take another look. Thanks for the answers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration