1922 coupe door window regulator info

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1922 coupe door window regulator info
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

Is there a manual or any info on this regulator and window channels also the channels for the back quarter panel? Mine have been modified resulting in a mess! When the windows are up there is 3/4 inch space on the outside at the bottom of the glass. Also my windows in the door appear to be to short leaving a space at the top when closed. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

The rear windows should push out and then lower over a rib on the window opening once raised with a strap. The door windows should have a notched rail on the side that catches the lifting lever in different positions. Not sure if this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Thanks Jim for your reply. My car does not have a shelf for the bottom of the rear window to sit on. After close inspection with all upholstery off it appears that something in the past had been fastened to the underside of the body wood directly opposite the bottom of the window attachment that anchors the strap to the window glass. It seems reasonable to me that would have been the shelf. The problem that I see is that when they replaced the channels that they secured the channels in place so the window can not be pulled over to rest on that shelf. If that is the case I will need to remove the fasteners that hold the channels in place. Perhaps the anchor point for the channel should only be at the top instead of it being both top and bottom. On the inside of the metal that surrounds the window there is no fabric there to make any kind of a seal. It was most likely removed and not replaced when they redid the channels. It would be nice to have a good picture of the way it was originally. Maybe someone that has restored one of these early coupes that redid the rear windows would know. Thanks again Jim.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration