Machine Tool Items, Economical Source, Who?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Machine Tool Items, Economical Source, Who?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

Since ENCO was bought out by MSC, the Enco values have vanished. Has anyone come up with a new source?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 09:53 am:

Ted:
I have done business with both MSC and Enco for over 40 yrs. ...for my consumable tooling items I have always waited for the 30% to 50 % off sales and ordered in quantities ...I have used Shars and Rutland also ...I have also purchased thru ebay in quantities for basic mill cutters or carbide inserts ...I guess the old rule of " if the materials cost more than the job is worth , then DON"T do it !"is still a good rule ...also , nothing of any value is cheap or easy ( could be talking about a girl here )...anyway , I do business with MSC now and do wait for the "sales" ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 10:29 am:

Ted;
When I bought my lathe chuck off Ebay the company I got it from sent along a catalog. The prices in it are not bad. When I get to the shop I will post the name and contact info. While not top of the line for production work, might be just the ticket for low use.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Ted,

Flea markets, swap meets and sometimes eBay. I know this doesn't exactly get you what you want, when you want it. However, buying in advance from these places, when the price and the opportunity is right, means that you'll have it when you need it, which is even faster than ordering from a catalog or visiting a store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 11:35 am:

I get a lot of my stuff from Wholesale Tool in Tulsa.They have pretty good tooling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

CDCO Machinery Corporation
1129 Tower Rd
Schaumburg Il 60173
www.cdcotool.com
847-592-6130
1-800-417-2305

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Ted,

Let me add another source in addition to the ones listed above. I buy most of my consumable tools from Travers Tool Co (travers.com). They are fast, sell a variety of cutters, drills, etc for reasonable prices, and their shipping is very fast. They have a monthly specials catalog where some things are available at a substantial discount, which is when I stock up.

Major tools, I frequently buy used (Craig's List is good). Accessories I just have to hunt and shop for. Over time you will learn where you can buy this stuff, and where not to buy it. You will also learn when a price is fair and when is someone trying to get you to pay for their retirement. The good news is that there are so many suppliers out there that you can buy cutters, drills, etc at very reasonable prices.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

I've used Kitts Industrial Tools in the past. Good prices and great customer service...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Thanks all for your input.

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

CDC Products on Belt Line Road in Richardson Texas has an amazing selection of surplus lathe and machine tools. Plus they have lots of aircraft sheet metal tools. It is a haven for metal workers like me. They do not take checks or debit or credit cards. No internet site, and no mail order. Perfect!

Here is a video tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8OO5RDS4Fc

940 E Belt Line Rd
Ste 172
Richardson, TX 75081

(972) 918-9886

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Krug on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

For good used machine tools check out www.lostcreekmachine.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

Since they have a location in Chicago I have bought a lot of tools and tooling from KBCTools.com which I think has pricing about the same as ENCO had but quality just a wee bit better but they also have choice of USA or Import for most of their tools so for a one time use I go with the cheap where if it is something I am going to produce in quantity then I go with the better tooling.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration