What is the origine of this Model T ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What is the origine of this Model T ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Hey all,
This car is offered on a prewar car side in Denmark.
Does someone out there recognize this car?? I am looking for the rebuild story. What and how it was done.
Thanks

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Looks like a very good car. The restoration is quite authentic in the photos, except for the improper size horn bulb, way too long horn tube, and the unpainted horn.

Does the car run well? Does it look as high quality in person as it does in pictures? If so, buy the car. Don't buy the story of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

I will like to know what was done on the rear axle. Does it have the Babbitt trust washers or are they brass??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

As well done as the rest of the car is, I would expect that the rear axle has been done as well. I think I recall the asking price is €28.000 ($29,552.60). I don't know about prices in Europe, but for that kind of money I would expect the same. Of course, if you can't find out who did the work you won't know until you look inside. You know that, but some new readers may not. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Interestingly, the windshield has all the attributes of a '14, but the top window folds forward like a '13. Very nice car. Bet the rear axle never looked that good right out of the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

Yes Tim, I was thinking 1914 but the windshield has me wondering which is it?
Andre, What do you say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

The doors on this car are clearly '14 as they don't go all the way down to the bottom of the body. It wouldn't be likely that the doors were changed as that changes the whole body structure, however, changing the windshield from a '14 style to the '13 style is easy. So, it's evident that the body is a '14. That said, '14 bodies began in the summer of '13 due to the weak sills under the rear doors. The sills under the rear doors were so weak that there was even a heavy metal reinforcement piece made to be retrofitted to strengthen that part of the body.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Looks like a 1914 windshield that has been installed backwards….

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:27 am:

The original windshield used by Ford at the beginning of 1914 model year was the same forward folding style used for 1913 model year. The windshield on this car is not installed backwards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:43 am:

The windshield support rods are also for a '14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:51 am:

Andre asked: "What is the origin of this Model T Ford?"

Answer: Ford assembly plant! :-)

Well, I haven't been a smart a$$ for two days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:18 am:

Nobody even noticed the water hose clamps,......this makes it post 40's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 09:17 am:

I know the origin of this model T is Ford.
I am just trying to find what was done during the restoration in the 80's. We like to put it on the road again and make it stays on the road.

Thanks for the help
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Bump/btt. What a beautiful automobile. Yours?
Andre, have you found out anything yet?
In the 80's with that one? I'm stuck with the same question on my lowly '18 roadster... They had it apart 30 years ago (and didn't put lube back in) but did they replace those pesky thrust washers with good ones?....
Pull that beautiful rear end apart and see. I must do the same.
You already knew that. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:44 pm:

I have a crazy idea for you guys wanting to investigate inside the rear end. The USB compatible small cameras with lights are super cheap on ebay with even a 50 foot coax. My bet is the you could fish one of those into the oil filler hole and look around in there to see for sure what at least ONE of the thrust washers was. I bought such a camera to check out what was clogging up the drain line in an upstairs drain pipe run to the basement. My 3 year old grandson discovered a neat "lever action" device that made things disappear down a bowl in the bathroom. He had fun but his dad and I had a job trying to figure out what he put down there and where it was stuck. We got super lucky in that it was in fact a pair of diamond ear rings in a cardboard box that he found in mom and dad's bedroom and down it went. We got it out and that was all there was down there except we are sure his baby sisters hair bow went down there too but it made it all the way to the street and beyond. We had a good laugh on it all.

Seriously if you have a computer you can get a one of those tiny cameras and they really do give you a very clear underwater picture of things and you can look into your engine block, radiator, cylinder head (look for core supports left in there from when it was cast). Might just be a good tool to have in your garage. I gave $25 for mine and that included the long coax. The whole thing is less than 1/2" diameter and super short too. You should be able to squeeze it into just about any small cavity inside and have a looksee.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration