OT Homemade blast cabinet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Homemade blast cabinet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Got this homemade blast cabinet. Whoever made it did a good job. It's all stainless. I need to do some modifications. If I make a big door in the back it's big enough to fit wheels, hogsheads etc in it. Don't know why it has such a small door. I've needed this a long time. In 25 years I've bought a lot of sand that's all out in my yard, momma's yard or wherever I was living at times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Looks good! I use my Harbor Freight blasting cabinet a lot. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

I bought a Scat-Blast cabinet from Eastwood back in the 1980's. I modified it to simplify glass replacement by making it a top-loader with a door that also holds the glass- open the door, lift out the glass to load, or you can still use the side door. I've probably ran a few 20 yard loads of sand through it over the years and use it at least once a week to clean up stuff from lawn mower spark plugs to any heavy, rusty part that will fit inside it. It is the handiest tool in my garage. Just make sure you have a water trap on the air line to it and a way to suck up and vent spent air and abrasive dust inside the cabinet to outside your shop.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration