Side curtains

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Side curtains
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

I am trying to put side curtains on a 25 pick up, do the fasteners on the windshield Frame go on the side or on the front? I have looked at lots of pictures and I can't really tell.any help would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

There are hooks, 2 on each windshield post fastened to the windshield bolts and one snap on each side that fastens to a mating snap on the top material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Thank you Ted, i've been trying to figure that out for sometime now, I guess it's always good to ask a question, I will order some hooks now, thanks again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

One more question on Lang's website it says two hooks per car, the way I understand your description it's two hooks per Post. Two hooks per post makes sense to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

It is two hooks per post, four hooks total. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Thanks Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Don't forget too, the two hooks are different, and were raven finished when new. I made a complete set of side curtains for my '25, and I got the prints from the Benson Ford archives. If you decide to make them, make paper patterns first to avoid mistakes. This is especially critical for the common sense fasteners, in as much as we don't have the jigs that Ford used to line up the bows! I had to re-adjust the common sense fasteners several times before they would fit into the correct places on the sockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

The two hooks are different? How are they? And what is Raven Finnish ?? The patterns are a great idea btw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:44 am:

Larry I can see the hooks on your profile pic that helps out a lot. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 10:54 am:

The upper hook is longer, and curves around the windshield post. The bottom one is shorter, and is straight with a step in it. Raven finish is a form of anodizing that Ford used on small parts such as running board bolts and nuts, and a lot of small items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hudson on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Thanks Larry, I will try the ones that Lang's sales for now and maybe I can acquire the correct set later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 10:08 am:

I find the side curtain hooks a lot at swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Raven Finish is a black-colored bluing. It provides some rust protection, but not much! I often use the DP90 epoxy primer to replicate it. A bit more durable.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration