My "new" Corcorans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My "new" Corcorans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

I just finished restoring my "new" Corcoran headlamps that I bought from a friend in New York. They came as an extra set when he bought his 1914 Touring back in 1959. Years later, when he sold the car, he stored the extra lamps in the attic and kind of forgot about them until recently. I had the good fortune to purchase them and now they will grace the front of my 1914 Touring, giving me a complete set of Corcoran lamps and Corcoran carbide generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Excellent! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:12 am:

Do you have a before pic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 06:08 am:

Here are some before pictures; the lamps were NOS and in really nice shape. I hesitated restoring them, but I didn't think they would match my restored car too well so I went ahead and took them apart and repainted them. The brass was heavily tarnished, but I read about using a mixture of water and ammonia and letting the brass sit in this overnight, and it worked pretty darn amazing! And believe it or not, what was left I used regular ketchup to work off the tarnish and finally used traditional brass cleaner to shine them up nicely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:14 am:

Very nice. Corcoran lamps are rare. Only Victor lamps are rarer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 10:57 am:

I'd say Victor lamps are more common than Corcorans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

Can't comment on rarity, but they sure are pretty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

Very nice! :-)
I keep thinking that maybe if I get a set of 1914 head and side lights a 1914 will come my way!! HaHa :-) (But then my Nellybell would have to find a new home)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration