Barn find 1921 Scripps Booth

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Barn find 1921 Scripps Booth
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

I needed a cabinet made so today we went to Emma Warehouse in Emma Indana. When it was time to pay i asked the girl if she was the one who's dad had a model T.She said it was her dad and told us he kept a 30's Dodge fire truck and a 1921 Scripps Booth in the warehouse! We were invited to have a look and after i spotted a doodle bug of early vintage and make sitting on a pallet about 12' off the floor in a rack!! Nice people and their carpenter will build anything!! Bud back home in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

That scripts booth belongs to a buddy of mine. It is one of two known to exidt of that body style and year. We met the grandson of the booth part of scripts booth at OCF this year and he said that there are only 85 scripts booth known to exist in the world. Its a complete untouched car minus valve dust cover and front seat lower springs. Being a touring car it has side curtian storage in the back of front seat. The doodle bug is actually a power unit made from a scripts booth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

It was really a neat car.The side curtains lay folded on the floor of the car.The 6 cyl engine supprised me and did some of the last ones use 4 cyl chevy power? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

No photos = it never happened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Bud, You did get pictures, didn't you? We simply must see them.... as Burger said, no pictures = it never happened!!! You didn't dream this, did you?

Just kidding, but it would be really nice to see pictures of them.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:48 am:

Kenneth
I will save your reputation and get some pics. The owner and I talked last night and we are going to see if we can get it running this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 06:47 am:

Sorry thats Bud from now on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Dallas,I carry no phone and do not know how to post pictures! When we asked to look i told we would not touch and did not.I did not want to overstep my welcome and now maybe i have.If the owner want's to post pictures,i hope he will but without talking about it to the owner,it's not my place!!!! Dallas,i'm glad we have talked and if we make the OCF this year i would like to meet you and others.Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Bud
The owner and I talked last night and he was exited that someone was interested in seeing that car. He is a good friend and I will ask before posting pics but I believe he will be happy about it. Its a far reach but we discussed taking it to OCF next year. The only Scripts Booth there this year was the grandson of Mr Booth with a roadster. Look forward to meeting you. How far is Wheeler MI from Emma?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Dallas,

You're killing me buddy, it's "Scripps". Sorry, I can't help it...

Merry Christmas! & Happy Holidays!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

Sorry Jerry
Until about June i had no idea what a Scripps Booth was or that chevy bought them out. Thanks! I just got off phone with the owner and saturday we will post pics of the car.
Stay tuned!!!!
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

Dallas,

Well, now I learned something, didn't know Chevy soaked them up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Dallas,About 180 miles or forever when we hit black ice and cars,and trucks with trailers were scattered all over.O well we ate at the Essen House and shoped at the big bulk foods store in Shipsi so we were good! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Amish do know how to cook. We go to E and S to stock up about once a year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

We have a ton of Amish in Clare,Mi and the last time we went we stopped at Jays and the wife bought me a new Henry for Christmas!! Maybe Mr Booth was a pharmacist?? Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration