#27 tool for tool kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: #27 tool for tool kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

According to the list of tools provided by ford, I have all but the #27 wrench
Does any body have a picture of one or have one that they would be willing to sell
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

Where did you get your list? I don't find that number in any of the parts books.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:00 am:

There is a post on the forum on 12/14 under Dan Treace. Scroll down and James Golden provides the list of tools that came with the car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:01 am:

That number comes on a list supplied by Ford with the tools in the tool roll on early T's. Charles Little I believe has a couple of them. I have one too, but it's too much work to get it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:16 am:

The #27 wrench is the same thing as the T-1917 band wrench. The early Wrench was wide and had a large Ford script on it. The later ones were a little narrower and had T-1917 on one side, and on the other side was a smaller Ford script.

ToolList1913Toolkit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:48 am:

Aha! Now that I know what it is (band adjustment wrench), here's a picture.

At the top is the early version (#27 AND #1917). Under it are a couple of examples of the later #1917 version. The 1917 designation first appears in the 1911 catalogue, which shows the top wrench. The 1912-1914 tool illustration also shows the wide version. The narrow one first appears in 1915. I don't know when the bottom wrench with the bulging handle first appeared (sometime after 1920), but it's in the illustration for 1925 and later. I don't know why the packing slip dated 1913 still shows the wrench as #27 two years after the parts book shows it as #1917.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on December 15, 2016)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration