1925 pickup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1925 pickup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard C Held on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Does anybody have a good picture of the spare tire mount for a roadster pickup?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 01:43 am:

I don't think there was any provision made for hauling the spare on 1925 truck,except hauling it in the bed. Larry Smith should know for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:30 am:

Didn't Layden Butler have a repro posted lately in the classifieds ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Rim came nailed to the bed of truck. You had to supply your own tire. Then you just put it in the bed or where ever you wanted. I am putting an aftermarket carrier on mine. The Ford tire carrier was made for the 26/27 pickup. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 10:42 am:

Mine just lays in the bed. I have an aftermarket one made out of a standard T Tire carrier that mounts on the left running board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:41 am:

One of my running board carriers would work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

Pictures of one of Jack's carriers doing its job:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

I have the spare tire, but need the 25 roadster pickup to mount it on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 02:25 pm:

ON Barney I have a period accessory running board spare mount. This one, a factory-made (not Ford's Factory) uses a standard Ford rear frame spare mount, as used on the car models and mounts to the frame and running board mounts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Thanks Mark. My computer virus I had awhile back wiped out all my pictures.I am slowly rebuilding that file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 10:11 am:

The photos David posted is the same one I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 04:35 pm:

Dave D, nice truck! Wish I had one of those tire mounts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 12:35 am:

Barney is a survivor, and I'd be driving him around right now, but the wood is all dry rotted, so I will carefully take it apart so I can replicate it--otherwise I'd be damaging the good sheet metal by driving it around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 07:03 am:

I made my own and it is exactly like David Dewey's. I used a T tire carrier from a 23-25 touring and added the extra steel. I believe I got the plans/picture from Larry Smith. It bolts to the running board and the 2 crossed pieces bolt to the frame going in the space between the aprons and the body.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration