Old Photo - Model T Era - Amboy Road, Pleasant Plains, Staten Island, N.Y.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Amboy Road, Pleasant Plains, Staten Island, N.Y.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:48 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:55 am:

Great pic Jay. Gorgeous bldgs. Looks to be late fall or early spring..some trees have leaves, some don't. Nice contrast in transportation, with what looks like a '12? with a horse 'n buggy behind it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:17 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

I see they replaced the carbon arc street lamp!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

As with most of the modern pics to bad "progress" hit the buildings that are left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Dan, I was about to say that the years don't seem to have improved the place. Sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Nothing sad about it. Nice neighborhood and a great place to live. All of the buildings are still there and if you don't expect some changes (however minor) in 100 years you're living in a dream.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Minor changes ? You better look again.

Every cool detail in the old photo has been wiped bare or covered
over with fecal matter. Accepting the wanton sterilization of our
environment as "to be expected" is pretty lame. Why not just drive
a KIA ? Because it really isn't THAT much different than a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Argument for arguments sake. All alterations are minor on all the buildings in both pics. I'll give you the first one on the left. Apparently a 3rd. story has been added. Their all still there. The only actual major change is that the RR no longer goes thru there. I repeat: nice neighborhood great place to live. I have no idea what the Kia business is about.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration