OLD PHOTO - Beginning of an Era

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OLD PHOTO - Beginning of an Era
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

photo undated, credit Michael Gates/Yukon News

Yukon News just published a couple of articles on early transportation in the Territory; I thought they were interesting even though the time period slightly pre-dates the Model T:
http://yukon-news.com/letters-opinions/early-yukon-automobiles-were-a-novelty/
http://yukon-news.com/letters-opinions/cards-and-letters-throw-light-on-early-auto-history/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

The lady's hats have chin straps the men's do not, tells me they were not going any faster then the dog team and no cross wind! :-)LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

I dunno . . . traveling the Yukon River ice for 40 miles, I think I'd let Mr. Searce prove the practicality of the automobile, and stick with the dog-sled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:53 am:

Looks like a c.1906 Pope Toledo. A nice high quality car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:54 am:

I guess I should have read the attachments first...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration