Enjoying the snow in the Pacific Northwest

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Enjoying the snow in the Pacific Northwest
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

Portland got hit by a mid-day snowstorm that made the evening commute a disaster. Fortunately, we were hunkered down at home, so we didn't get stuck in it.
Today was a snow day for the school, so I took the opportunity to go play...

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

Great pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

I see white, but no snow. Are you sure that isn't just paint ?

Oh yeah, ... you're in Portland ... "hunkered down" ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

T's are lite but i didnt know they would stay on top of snow. Poking fun!
Great pic Keith.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:18 pm:

Like!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

It's not much snow (was the wet sand type here about 15 miles to the west of Keith, little over 1") but on a lot of side streets it's a sheet of ice underneath. Been in the mid 20's, ok not cold for some parts of the country, any melting is now freezing up as the temp drops. I was going to do the same thing but decided if it was snow yes but ice no.
Great photo Keith! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Keith, Love your car!!! Merry Christmas my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

A half a foot of snow or so. Temps in single digits the last couple of days, although much warmer today. Temp today in the teens. My T has been starting every morning just fine. No problems getting through the snow either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Hi Keith, I see you're all ready for winter. Chains, Fore-doors, Prest - O - Lite tank, and even sleigh bells! Very nice picture.

Keith (the other one)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

High today was 16* and going below zero tonight. But there is no mud! Only about 18" of snow, all powder. Nice. The T's are in the shop for the winter. Lots of T work lined up in the shop for the winter. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Hi Keith,

Is that rope on the rear wheels or chain ? How well does it work ?

Car looks great.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

Happy I moved to the coast from Portland! beautiful day on the back patio with no snow. About now I would have been coming home from work aggravated with folks not knowing how to drive in it if I still lived there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

Forgot to mention in the prior post:

Your blue/nearly black color (to my mind) looks just right in this picture.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 08:39 pm:

Today it was about 70 and sunny. However, this afternoon it clouded up and we are expecting up to 3 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow. This is the remains of the storm which hit Portland. By the time it gets here it turns into rain. The mountains are expecting snow here.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 09:03 pm:

Nice! I have been hoping for a snow day too I wish I could take a picture of the car with a new paint job & the family. No such luck yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Mud is now frozen with .075 inches of snow in Bellingham, WA....Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Below zero last night. T started right up with 6 volt battery and stock clutch.1

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration