Old photo " board track racers"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo " board track racers"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

This was on the wall in a frinds office

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Neat photo, thanks for posting!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Wondering if the guy sitting between the cars has a portable starting unit between his feet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 05:04 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:23 am:

I don't know about the starter??? It looks like it has a pressure gauge on it. Maybe it is an air compressor that you plug in to the cigar lighter? They surely had cigar lighters back then...how else would Barney Oldfield be able be able to "light up" while driving???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:28 am:

That is a neat photo. I think Fred Frame was a famous racer in the early 1930's driving a Ford V-8. The others I didn't recognize right off. It looks like all of the cars are the same make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:31 am:

Yes it is a portable air compressor, here is the same one on a cart.

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=30155

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 11:54 am:

I'm pretty sure they are Duesenberg's as one of the people is labeled Augie Duesenberg.

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration