2 Piece Driveshaft...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2 Piece Driveshaft...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

Hey, I'm not sure if I've asked this question already or not, but since I'm here I thought I'd ask it again and see if anybody had any great pictures of the 2 piece driveshaft and it's parts? Been wanting to finish this assembly, but lack the necessary pictures to do an accurate job of it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Martin,
I have one that I only lack riveting back together. I can send you pics but at present it is too difficult for me to take them, load, and downsize so they fit on this site. I'll contact you with a PM.
Verne Shirk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 10:01 am:

Martin, when you do the drawing, be sure to use the correct bolts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george schreppler on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

make sure you have the right collar too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

I apologize in advance for this pet peeve:

If you're going to say "make sure you use/get the right/correct parts, please show a picture of what the correct part(s) is/are!

Thankyou! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

So there are two different collars? Please explain the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

Here are photos showing the two different collars. I am not sure when the early one was last used. I would guess at the same time Ford quit using the two piece drive shaft.Later styleEarly style

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Is the two piece collar a casting or a stamping like the normal ones?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

Herb, the collar is stamped as usual. The threaded piece is a separate steel piece bronzed in place.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:04 pm:

Woo, this is real interesting stuff...hell I didn't know there was even two different collars.

Larry you said "Martin, when you do the drawing, be sure to use the correct bolts!" Ok, what do the correct bolts look like? Are they different in appearance from modern bolts? Are they a low profile type of bolt? Do they require a cotter pin with a castle nut?

Let me ask this question also...from when to when was this 2 piece drive shaft used (typically)?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration