If Henry wanted you to have heat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: If Henry wanted you to have heat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 07:18 am:

Sometimes it;s better to leave the women at home. Heat, heat you DON'T NEED HEAT IN A MODEL T, If Henry wanted you to have heat, he would have supplied it. Trying to explain the wisdom of Henry Ford to my daughter Cyndy, why there is no heat in a Model T Ford. Thatís because YOU DONíT NEED ITĒ.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzzzkiEO-Jc&feature=youtu.be

Seabiscuit my 1926 Model T Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 07:21 am:

The heat works just fine in August.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 07:28 am:

Mine has heat and A/C . Just that its the wrong times of the year.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 07:29 am:

Great pic Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 07:53 am:

The 14 we have has the engine pans installed and i removed the small piece of tin above the hogshead.I think many would be surprised at the amount of air moving!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:28 am:

You don't need it and when you do have it, it is never enough.

A fun video.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Warren..cool video. Unfortunately for me, I DO need it as my herniated disc between L4-L5 gets all "pulled outa whack" when my back gets cold and muscles start to contract. It can get so bad I can barely walk, so needless to say I really go into hibernation in the winter. I'm glad you have the wherewithall, both physically and materially, to enjoy a T ride in winter! Wish I could. I would love to go to AZ in the winter to visit my parents, as the warmth there made all the back aches go away. I'd move there but the wife won't let me! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:49 am:

Thanks to all for your kind words and useful information.

Tim, your my kind od guy, we have the same problem with our wives.

All that being said, what exactly don't you understand about my statement, "If Henry wanted you to have heat, he would have supplied it." :>)

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: in all honesty the photo is of Linda and her husband Mike, taken at the BBBS fundraiser last September 23rd.

Seabiscuit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 11:03 am:

I'll bet this car doesn't have a heater!!!!

I'll bet this car doesn't have a heater

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

While flushing out the coolant system today, my son read the directions on the bottle of flush cleaner. Pour into radiator and with engine running, turn heater to full on. Well, I watched him pour in the bottle, start the engine and stare at the dash looking for the heater controls. I had to break the bad news to him. No heater. Then explain about heater cores and why the coolant flush wanted the heater on, etc.

It's a learning curve for both of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 07:46 pm:

"If Henry wanted you to have heat, he would have supplied it."

OH, wait. He did!!!
As Kenneth said above, the gap between the firewall and the floorboard lets in tons of heat!
As Dallas said, it's just at the wrong time of the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

This is how you dress for those cool weather days that may happen during the winter months in New Hampshire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5fDLkh0Uro

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

A well known Forum contributor from Gawler South Australia refers to the summer heat in a Model T similar to being in a fan forced oven! Eh Allan

Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

There is a heater in a Model T...it's commonly called the engine...usually the problem is trying to keep all the heat from the engine off you, not the other way round. Some of it does tend to sneak it's way up past the pedals and from around the firewall though.

Or you could do what my Granddad did...take the top floorboard off during winter month...plenty of heat come off both the engine and the exhaust manifold to keep you right toasty (sometimes waaay too toasty and start feeling like you'd rather ride on the running boards). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:49 am:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, my wife IS the heater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:43 am:

1906 Pope-Toledo type XII 50 hp. What a beautiful car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration