Old Photo - Model TT Truck Curbside Ready For Work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model TT Truck Curbside Ready For Work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:34 am:

That is a very early C cab with the low roof. Nice picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Plus, for those who don't know what a battery box looks like, there it is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 10:08 am:

Very cool truck! The brake rod arrangement does not look stock. Anybody have an idea of what that set-up is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 10:57 am:

Looks to me like the tires could use some air and the back tire appears to be a white wall.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

I believe that photo was taken in Washington DC. The fellow out in the field is my Grandfather who was hired by the National Parks Department to take inventory of the grass in the field... He's counting the blades of grass in that picture and the fellow walking up to him is his supervisor who made him lose count and he had to start all over again.

If you look over the top of the truck in the haze you can see the Washington Monument.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

The brake extensions were necessitated by the frame extension to carry
the extended bed. My old 25 had a 2" extension to accommodate the added
Warford. The stock "Ford Truck" bed looked pretty silly with the back edge b
arely hanging over the rear end. Had I not sold it, I would have lengthened
it to get a better aesthetic balance.

This truck is so long it makes mine look like a sports car !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

Looks like a 12 foot long bed. Neat truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 01:19 pm:

Looks like the C cab is sagging a little looking at gap between cab and bed. I have a licence to run the equipmant in the background. No not the truck or the crawler. The one leaning against the post!
Great pics guys. Keep the TTs coming! Well that didnt sound right but what i meant is i am putting one back together and the pics help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

Sounds right to me, .... unless you are one of those fellows
that prefers the company of other men. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Look closely at the frame of the truck. The rear springs run longitudinally, not across the frame. The truck has an added heavy-duty frame attachment. I have one similar to this on one of my old truck chassis. They were made by several manufacturers. They converted the one ton truck to as much as a two-and-a-half ton rating.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration