Just Wanted To Say "Thank You" To All Forum Members

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Just Wanted To Say "Thank You" To All Forum Members
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Especially at this time of year, when we pause to reflect up the past 12 months, I just wanted to formally express my appreciation to all forum members who take time out of their day and away from their friends, family and projects to assist others in this hobby.
I picked up my 26/27 speedster donor vehicle and undertook the process of resorcreating a WWI Light Patrol Car, complete with Browning water cooled machine gun. At that time, I knew absolutely nothing about Model T's other than most of them came from my hometown of Dearborn, MI.
While still far from complete, most of what is left is woodwork for the open express body and the starting, running and driving Model T sitting in my garage is years ahead of schedule due to this board.
With your help, I have managed to:
rebuild the rear axle and driveshaft
connect all electrical, including starter, generator and headlights
got my magnets charged and able to run off magneto
got engine started and diagnosed two stuck valves
replaced two piece valves with modern replacements
transplanted 26/27 steering and rolling chassis into 1915 frame, wood firewall and body

as well as many minor projects such as choke wires, bellcranks, flushing cooling system, flushing oil, correct fluids and greases, etc.

In short, most of you have been very patient with my questions and seeking advice and most have understood that going to the book is not always the best and easiest solution to life's issues.

Just want to say, "thanks".

https://youtu.be/jF5CGIWdv4A

TO THE GARAGE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Robert, I agree with you 100%. The world wide Model T movement is a wonderful thing and other car organisations must envy what we have going here and the increasing vehicles being bought back to life

Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

Looks real good Robert. You're not missing much up here in Michigan right now. Keep up the good work.. Jim Derocher, AuGres, Michigan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

Robert
I couldnt agree more. This is a great bunch of people . The time they take to help guys like me and offer their knowledge and experience is priceless. I hope I can pay it forward one day.
Drive safe and often

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration