Old Photo - Model T Brass Era - Trying Out Their "ACME" Rifles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Brass Era - Trying Out Their "ACME" Rifles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 09:50 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

Do you suppose they were really hunting in suits? I wouldn't be surprised actually. Poor Wiley! :-)

Nice '13 runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

I think that's my car !! Hunting in suits . . . well, maybe, but white shirts and ties ? Prolly not ? Any road, the photo op is a little hard to figure. The gents with rifles sure enough didn't go hunting with the driver of the runabout, unless the three of them liked being awful crowded, or someone rode the runningboard.

There are cities of coyotes on the river bottoms a half mile from our house, I've never had any trouble with them getting into our chickens or sheep - the neighbors' dogs, that's another story. Every now and then war is declared on the local coyote population, then the !@#@&**!! gophers run amuck for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

T'was the age.

Charlie Squires, Denver, Leadville, & Gunnison lineman, 1897

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 08:14 am:

Burger, Charlie was a brave young lad (photo 1), I think I hear the train coming (photo 2).

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 08:50 am:

Cool pictures Burger of guys with a death wish!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:01 am:

Looks like that roadster has the sloped bill fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Fellow on the right is holding a Remington Model 8 self-loader, sort of a modernist! A lot of places had a bounty on Mr. Coyote and most folks went about armed, kind of like carrying a wrench or screw driver in your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

That reminds me. Janurary 11 I head to SW Iowa to call coyotes. Wiley is one of the toughest animals I have ever hunted. Much smarter than deer. Like Even said everyone carry a rifle in trucks and tractor.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration