Tobin arp TA 14 parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Tobin arp TA 14 parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

I was looking around for cutting tools and miscellaneous for my TA14. I found this source http://www.williamsburgautorepair.com/repair-8723e-01/tobin-arp.htm
I see they sell a variety of cutters as well as "line up tools " for both model T and model AB engines. I note that cutters using indexable carbide inserts are offered. I have just finished making a set of my own but will probably buy some of the brazed carbide ones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Les, I can't remember how I found it, but there was an outfit in St. Louis, MO that had lots of old Tobin- Arp parts. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Cress on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 12:49 pm:

Les. Thanks for sharing. We may need their help someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 01:36 am:

The line up fixtures are made by Dan Price- he has them on his website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:34 am:

I just tried a google search for mr price. No luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:46 am:

dan4banger.com the alignment fixtures are not on his website.

Here is his e-bay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tobin-arp-main-bearing-line-boring-setup-fixture-for-Mod el-T-Ford-1909-27-/122243934118?hash=item1c764e67a6:g:K6QAAOSwLF1X4z4c&item=1222 43934118&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

DAN
Thank you for the information. I see he offers T-A conversion main caps. I "need" a set for a 2up2down project that I have the crank, cam, and rods for

I only use my Tobin Arp mostly non T projects, as I have a T specific plate mounted type for doing T babbit. Of course for "hogging out" T blocks for crank conversions, then the TA14 is the answer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:32 pm:

The only thing with Dan's Jigs is he made the hole for a 1 & 1/8 bar which is to big.

Won't work on a Model T for Babbitt, no room.

It needs to be an inch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

I have the AB and the V8 line up fixtures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Fordson .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

The indexable carbide cutter really works nice for hogging out the block for big cranks, at least for me

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration