A new C-Cab Ton Truck for Bernie Glass

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A new C-Cab Ton Truck for Bernie Glass
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

I received a note from Bernie asking me to post the following photo of his “new” TT. He will probably welcome photos and advice on rewooding the top etc.

I’ll try to lighten up the photo a little bit later, but I need to do that on the old computer. And first I need to mow the leaves while it is still daylight.

Congratulations Bernie on your new TT. Feel free to add any comments or questions you want to share with the group.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off for Bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

Lucky Bernie! Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Nothing good can come from this, you know ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

I agree Berger,I should go try to talk some sense into him and see if I can take it home with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

B Urger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

It would be the right thing to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

hi thanks hap I also have to thank Austin anders and clayton swanson for helping me. dallas and burger I know iam crazy but I like it thanks again bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

hi I do want advice and photos the body and sub frame need work bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 08:05 pm:

Hap,

Beautiful Sunset ?

I wouldn't change a thing !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 08:32 pm:

Bernie,

It's the addiction talking. Seek out help before you can no longer reach out !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Freighter Jim,

I agree it is a beautiful sunset. But I was hoping I could change the contrast and see additional details on the car. It helped just a little but not enough to make it worthwhile.

Bernie,

I you took any photos from the other side, the beautiful sunset won't show but details of the truck may have shown up better. And even better will be to take some photos when you have noon time light etc.

Note some of the normal open T parts will fit your your truck. The 1924-25 touring and roadster top piece of the cowl should be the same (NOT the low cowl 1915-1923 but the high cowl 1924-25). Also the front fenders (ok slight change in the location of the bead but they fit fine). The lower windshield frame is listed as the same for the 1923-1925 open cars and the 1924-1926 C-cabs.

The upper windshield frame on the C-cab is a little taller than the touring/runabout. From memory (not as good as the Price List of Parts - but I didn't see it there) I think the windshield stations are also a little taller on the TT than on the 1923-25 open cars, but I'll let someone who knows confirm or correct that one.

Again, congratulations on your new Ford!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

that sunset is darn near arctic ! Bernie is up in the northern saskatchewan town of glaslyn, "at the edge of the bush" he says, and he has by far the largest collection of model T's in town !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

Burger, I need you to stop posting photos of your TT, because I'm starting to develop a fetish (a course of action to which one has an excessive and irrational commitment), so nobody gets the wrong idea, for Model TT trucks.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

Warren,

Joining the ranks of the Model TT Snob Society is a rigorous test of
character, much like Marine Corps boot camp. Think you can hack it ?

The few, the proud .... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Lightening the photo loses the sunset, but it does show slightly more detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

hi burger I like your truck I rode in back of one like that in 1949 or 50 steve thanks you can see the hood is backwards now the worst thing is the sub frame but I have another cab I got from clayton may be I can make one of two bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

You mean you haven't got this truck done yet ???

What is the hold up ???

:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration