Rope a wheel ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Rope a wheel ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Driving in the snow opened a good question. How do you rope a Model T wheel ? (is it like heeling a steer ?)

I bet Steve Jelf knows how to do this right ! How long a rope ? Sisal or synthetic ? What diameter rope ? How do you tie off ?
Inquiring minds need to know . . . we got 6" overnight, and if I didn't have "Liz" tore down for a new cam gear, I'd probably be foolish enough to be out playing in the white stuff (even at ten below !) ; - )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

I got some rope, wrapped wheels, avoided valve stems and off i went.
About 20 feet of rope on mine per side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 06:04 pm:

I don't remember how much I used on each wheel, but definitely go with synthetic. That should survive longer. I expect anything from 3/8" to 1/2" is OK. We don't get much snow here, so I haven't experimented much with this to see what's best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/605488.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

I use the same golden rope that I threaten to hang my children with. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 05:10 am:

Synthetic? Where's your sense of originality?:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 08:02 am:

Here's a couple pics where we needed to rope the wheels to get up a long wet muddy hill during our annual camping trip. Both versions worked well.

My version of just wrap it around and get it on there as quick as possible to get up the hill.

Dan Conder good looking macrame version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:05 am:

Rope is not just for snow.

Unless these are chains.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration