Old Photo - National Air Transport Douglas M-3 Mailplanes at Hadley Field, New Brunswick, NJ on Sept. 1, 1927 inaugurating scheduled coast-to-coast air express service

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - National Air Transport Douglas M-3 Mailplanes at Hadley Field, New Brunswick, NJ on Sept. 1, 1927 inaugurating scheduled coast-to-coast air express service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 08:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

Nice photo! Sadly, Hadley Airport is long-gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:01 am:

Hadley Airport was on a section of land on what now borders on South Plainfield, Piscataway, & Middlesex , NJ...and now is a site of a large shopping center & industrial park, near the intersection of Stelton Road south of Rt 287..... also served the Army camp at Camp Kilmer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 10:30 am:

Brings back memories....

That's where I learned to fly...A few years after the land vehicles left, although there were a few bi-planes still around.

Long strip was cinders...shorter strip just mowed grass. Was a nice place...good people - good instructions...good background led to flying this

Merry Christmas, and a healthy New Year to all..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:27 am:

Hi Dave, I never flew an airliner, but did get a commercial single and multi-engine land ratings. I did love to fly, and have a couple of close friends who are airline pilots. My favorite airplane memory is landing my Comanche at Alton Bay, NH. Alton Bay is the only FAA-approved ice runway in the USA. Braking action zero.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:43 am:

Dave, I wound up with 8000+ hours of military flying. My last was the KC-135. Haven't flown much since I retired from the USAF in 72 with 20 years ...Yes, I'm old!

I stored my 23 all those years and restored it in about 69. I'm the second owner.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration