Old Photo - Brass Era - Hauling Lizzie Home

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Brass Era - Hauling Lizzie Home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:22 am:

Love the bucket hanging from the windshield top strap loop!

Great pic as always, Jay! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:24 am:

Tires? We dont need no stinking tires!
I like the tow vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:27 am:

I got a feeling that the old girl isn't going home, Rather a one way trip to a bone yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:31 am:

Looks like they are headed round back of the garage with the proper parts and some extras to get her back on all 4
Optimism!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:36 am:

The '16 touring has what looks like four wheels in the back seat and the front axle. I wonder if it had been stuck in a field or abandoned for some time before these greasers picked it up? Also looks like a Minnesota plate on the '16.

It appears they removed the front axle to install some sort of pivoting bar that allows the earlier runabout to tow other cars. A very effective towing setup. Judging by the condition of the T this must be early 1920's at least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:24 am:

I'm surprised that the Model 10 Buick, no later than 1910, is in as good shape as it for the use to which it's being put.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:33 am:

A quick search turned up a Sandager and Hegdal Hardware in Belview, Minnesota.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:00 am:

To add to Lance's post - the license plate is a Minnesota 1918-19-20.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:21 am:

well at least the Model T has it's steering wheel on the right side (oops, I meant correct side). Just kidding with all my friends in Canada, down under and Europe.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:57 am:

The tow car appears to be a 1910 Buick model 10.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

With an electric headlight setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

Missing the right rear tire and it is dragging a strap or something. Would be a great restoration project, maybe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

The Buick's headlights look like a pair they stole off the last Ford they drug back, though those lights are early forked electrics..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration