A few more T's in Snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A few more T's in Snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

It got down to -20 last night and the Coupe coils wouldn't buzz this morning even at 6 degrees. It sits outside. The Tudor was inside and started after some coaxing so we drove it to breakfast.

I have been fascinated with the fresh snow on T parts for many years. These are yard ornaments.

We got some snow and yesterday it was sunny enough for some pictures so I fired up the "1909".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

I don't know how y'all folks up north do it. It was 70 something yesterday here in Texas. It's 25 right now. I think I'll stay in bed and watch football all day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

25? Wouldnt have to wear a heavy coat! Its 17 and snowing now. -8 tonight with -25 wind chill.6 for high tomorrow. It could be worse, I could live in Idaho Falls!
Thanks for the snow pics and making me feel better about the cold here in the midwes Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

I think the coldest it has been here at my house has been 39, What is that white stuff is that some kind of special beach sand?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Great pics Richard, looks lovely in your part of the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

Dallas..lol..I will NEVER feel good about the cold. Affects my bad back something awful. When I sold Christine to a great guy in south Texas I shoulda included a winters worth of TLC for her..from ME!! :-) Rich that is beautiful scenery with the snow but you can keep it. So is the '09 & I'd definitely take that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 03:46 pm:

Looks pretty, I don't know how you can stand it. If it gets below about 60, I want to light a fire & have the cats on my lap to stay warm & I live in Ohio!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Richard, the picture with the snow covered yard ornaments brings back vivid visions from my youth.....scenes like that were very common in my Grandparents neighborhood in town. I played in many of those derelict cars thus gaining my love for the Model T! Thanks for posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Thanks. The fresh snow and the sunshine do make it beautiful. That is the time to take pictures. It will soon get cloudy and the snow will get gray and then brown.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:35 am:

Nice and warm here. Fought fire this morning at 5:00 am at -9 . Its up to -1 now at 11:30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Richard,
What is this, a Pickup?

Richard's mystery car

For two nights in a row we have gotten into the high 20°'s. I parked up next to the house so I won't have to tromp over the pasture to get to Rusty in the morning. I even left a towel on the seat so I won't get wet tomorrow!

I drove both cars last night. The windows on the tundra were frosty so I opened the right passenger one to check for traffic. It froze open and blew the fuse when I tried to close it (I hope that is all it is). I figured that if I had to drive with the window open, I might as well just put the top down and drive Rusty.

2003 car: breaks in 29°
1927 car: No Problem!

Rusty with a bit o' frost

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Hi Terry. The PU is a '65 Dad bought in '67. It still hauls garbage and lumber. It got me to work several years and saved me $100,000 in truck payments over the years. It has hauled several tons of T and other old car parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 09:50 pm:

Hehe, the "glue" in that timer on the Coupe said "Gimme another 10 degrees Rich"...
I love the snow on my yard art. So clean! Just so long as their eyes (headlamps) can see.
I'm actually embarrassed with threads like this. I used to have that "devil may care" hat, put it down 15 years ago and lost track of it.
I used to take Lizzhe out in the cold. Even took it out on the lake once. Too much fun. :-) And look at you guys, out and about in the cold...
The skid loader and motor grader don't count but I sure do get a charge out of moving bunches of snow with that seemingly clumsy old grader.
Hmmmm, instead of worrying about cleaning the snot out of the block on my '18 OR leaving Lizzhe be under that tarp, I should use the anti freeze I bought for the Buick, mix it up and fill up a T or two. If I can't make it up my hill, I'll rope those back wheels!
It'll be 30 degrees around here for the whole week now after a shot of real winter cold like you just had.
Inspirations always abound here! Babbling done.
Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Rich, I bet your non-buzz had to do with battery, not coils. Am I right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:05 am:

Steve, I didn't look for the cause of the no-buzz. It was easy to try the other car and wait. The battery is only a year or two old. I haven't had that happen before. It may be the my troublesome switch or moisture where it shouldn't be. I expect it to return to "Normal" when it warms up.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

...And it did. We had better results this morning at 13 degrees.

Apparently the sun warmed things enough through the clouds. The carburetor mixing needle was a bit stiff and the hand brake lever would not pull all the way back but everything else functioned properly.
Jacking the rear wheel up has become routine. Draining any condensed moisture from the carburetor and sediment valve a time or two each winter helps. I don't use gas-line antifreeze. It dissolved the old gas tank sealant that used to be available. It is not much fun crawling under the car on the cold ground. It does give us a sense of what folks did back in the day. The smiles and comments every time we take the T's out in the winter make it more fun that just doing it for ourselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:04 am:

Is that a 35/6 panel hiding under some sort of tarp?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Rich,

My Coupe is at a friends house while I get settled into my new abode and I'm dying to get it back and use it this winter but it's not looking too promising at this point so I'll just live my winter adventures thru you, OK?

I see your at breakfast and I understand what breakfast & lunch would be but how does "Ner" taste?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Dennis, The ner was not bad. We put a little ilk and ugar on it. It tastes a little like aardvark.

I recall the pictures you have posted of your Coupe on the forum. Those and some other folks posted were so very helpful when I was piecing mine together. I hope you can get back to yours soon. The Coupes are wonderful but certainly a puzzle in the wood.

Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Sorry, Jim. Yes, a 1935 Ford Panel Delivery. After 40 some years I have started back on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

My dad would drive his 22 four door to work when the snow was too deep for his "modern" car.

He didn't do the same with the 19 hack - I wonder if it had something to do with the lack of side curtains!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Richard, you certainly have an artistic eye!

Any one of those photos would make a great painting. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Still snowing here. Dug the shop doors out today and took the roadster out for a short ride. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Erfert on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

Just put the radiator back in so it won't be out of the garage right away. 3-4" on the ground already in Flagstaff, AZ. Merry Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

You have a beautiful selection to choose from Richard. However, I would be pleased to offer that 1916 Roadster a nicer warm garage to live in rather than being out in the snow for the Winter! Just about to head off to a family Christmas BBQ! Its going to be 40 degrees c plus here today. A very hot Christmas day. I nearly burned my feet on the pedals in the T yesterday. To hot to drive!
Merry Christmas to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

Brrrr! All that white stuff looks chilly. I went for a drive this afternoon with the 10 touring. It was 72 degrees and I wore a tee shirt all day.

Merry Christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 12:27 am:

Royce I don't think the inside of my wood stove is that hot! PK

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration