Brass Tail Lamp Bracket, Anyone Know What it Goes To?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Brass Tail Lamp Bracket, Anyone Know What it Goes To?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

I found this cast brass (or bronze?) tail lamp bracket in a box of old 1910s 1920s, electric and gas light fittings. Anyone know what car it may go too? Im not thinking a T, unless a Torpedo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Probably one side of a pair of sidelamp brackets. Not T Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 03:13 am:

huh. didnt think of a side lamp bracket, sort of a duh moment here! hahaha

I didnt think any T, but I have heard some torpedo stuff was different, so wanted to be sure. No idea on the car though it may go too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

I'm thinking it's a step plate. I don't see a hole on the flat part for mounting or gas line. Maybe smaller step plate for rumble seat or back seat of touring. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 02:24 pm:

Hmmm,....pretty obvious that something slid onto that bracket and was secured with a set screw(s).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 03:58 pm:

'Spade' type cowl or side lamp bracket. If in brass, then made for a rather nicer big car. Many are found in iron and just painted.

The spade bracket fits into the lamp female socket, and uses a set screw to secure the lamp to the bracket. Would be difficult to know what vehicle unless you have a pattern for the 3 hole mount and can match an early brass car.

spade bracket on flat firewall or dash.

fancy brass bracket

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration