OH CHRISTMAS T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OH CHRISTMAS T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

I have had a request from the neihbors to arrive at there house christmas eve with my 26 RPU. Hauling all the presents ,dressed as santa and to have Christmas lights on the T.any ideas for lights? Chords not an option ,about a mile away.
Help a santa out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:57 pm:

12 volt battery and inverter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

I'm betting that if you do a Google search you can find some battery powered lights that would work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Yeh, should be able to find some LED lights to work with a battery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

$3 Walmart led strings
Harbor freight $17 inverter
12v jump starter box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 09:31 am:

I just used some battery-powered LED lights that came from Dollar General. They were less than $5 each. The great thing about them was that I was able to put them on the spokes of my '24 Touring. Just make sure you secure the battery pack as close to the hub as possible and secure it well with zip ties.

How many cars do you see driving around with lights on their wheels? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 10:37 am:

I have purchased battery operated lights at Big Lots and used the free or cheap batteries from Harbor Freight. Make sure to secure the battery pack like Cameron said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Great idea
Thanks guys. Guess santa needs to go shoping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

I purchased four sets of LED lights from Wally World (Walmart) and plan to use an extra 12VDC to 120VAC converter I have. Steal a battery from one of my quads and we're all set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Forgot to mention I purchased four valve stem LED blinkers from ebay for $6. You can chose what type of pattern you see when your wheel rotates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Have all supplies. Red ball for radiator cap, still looking for antlers but i have lots of lights

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:51 am:

For the tent when camping with the scouts I use led battery operated xmas lights. I think they use 3 AA batteries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

Got a good start

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Very nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Looks sharp!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:18 am:

Oh my! That's fun!
Good on you Santa!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 07:22 am:

Looks great!

I see your driving the nails thru the fender to hold on the lights...do you just bend them over to keep everything attached? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Denis,it just looks that way. Those are actually zip tie cut offs. 40+ per wheel.
I just hope the extension chord is long enough to go a mile. Probably have to go through town . Thats a lot of chord

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 10:04 am:

It is, Dallas, but at least you will be able to find your way home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

That should do it!!!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration