Naughty lady and her Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Naughty lady and her Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Not sure if she is in period "dress" but that's not all bad.

Lady and her T

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

'40s ? Saddle shoes and bobby-sox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

Saddle shoes were invented in 1906 by the Spaulding Company, not sure about the socks though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

I think that style Pennsylvania license plate ran from the late 1930's to the mid 1950's. The outline of the state varied. Too bad we can't see more of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Even at age 80 I know better than to look at the license plate!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Sunday, December 18, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

She's naughty because she's sitting on the fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 01:17 am:

Yeah, I'd guess forties or fifties and bet on fifties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 06:37 am:

Bobby soxer. I too think around 1950 - 55.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 09:25 am:

Showin' a lotta leg for the time period! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 09:37 am:

Let's keep our perspective. Assuming Royce is right and the photo dates to the early 1950's and assuming she's about 20 at the time puts her in her early to mid 80's now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:07 am:

It's a 1957 Pennsylvania truck license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Henry,Our perspective has also changed so at eighty so might be a looker!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:19 am:

MOM!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:25 am:

I would say early 1940's. They got into the longer tight skirt in early 50's. Then went to the many slips with full skirt in later 50's.
Those shoes were popular in 1940's. The hair style also looks like 1940's.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:31 am:

How many would be upset with her sitting on fender like that?
I didnt think so!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:39 am:

I think this is a promo for the new Velocity Channel reality series, "Chasing Classic Women". with Wayne Ferrini.

JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

Is that a ration sticker on the windshield?

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

Not sure what to make of Walter's last sentence.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Well that ruined it for me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

We used to call that pose "shooting a beaver".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Back in the 50's in the 'still of the night'. I bet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

"Henry,Our perspective has also changed so at eighty so might be a looker!!"

Bud, I have often commented that the older we get, the more good-looking women there are.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Bauer on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Norms change.

I clicked on an ad one time, and now the majority of my pop-ups are from this company. The more I click on them, the more pop ups I get from them. I know most of the models by name now, I can identify them without looking at their faces. And most of them do a nice, short video. I don't complain because these are better than the average pop up ad.

https://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=8129832#/color=47293&C lick=1788903&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=active

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

Dick,I need to proof read more as i forgot she is spelled as such and not so. I think you have it right Dick because sometimes it takes a lot of years before we see the true beauty! Thank's Dick! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

She rolled that skirt up shame shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Richard, You're looking too close, shame shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

that left tire looks dangerously slick.is that a 26?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:07 am:

I would not kick either one out of the garage on 2nd thought.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 01:10 am:

She could hand me a wrench or screwdriver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

There was a period in the mid 40s that short skirts were in style. I often wondered if it was a result of war rationing a support the effort by using less fabric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

I had forgotten this.Twenty or so years ago I bought a framed 1915 marriage license at an estate sale.It was conducted by a nursing home that the old couple had signed everything they owned,farm and all,over to.The old lady,the last to die, was 99.I bought it because it had a great frame,and because I thought maybe someday I would run across descendants,and give them gr-grandparents marriage license.
Anyway,some years later,I took the thing apart.Behind the license were 6 or 8 large pictures of a striking couple,shall we say au naturale.These were not little pictures taken with a box camera,either.The shutter bulb is visible in one or the others hand(imagine have to stop what you were doing to change film).
These activities took place in and around a shiney new 7-passenger touring,with boss bolts on the rear hubs.Can't see the hub cap because there is a leg in the way.I showed the pictures to several members of the Ft.Wayne Historical Automobile Club,and never determind what the car was.The old timers got a big kick out of this,needless to say.
Another thing I recall,skating close to the edge here,was how neatly trimmed,so to speak,she was.I figured that was a relatively recent trend.No need for a scythe and a compass there.
With the internet and the genealogy sites I should be able to find some descendant.Bet that'll bring on some gasps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Jim, as Burger says: "Pictures, or it never happened." He he. :-)

At least someone here might be able to identify the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

OMG! There IS a car in that picture! ;) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

The wonders of the internet!!More or less by accident,I'm 99%.sure I know what the mystery car in my above post was.Rear hub boss bolts,and I forgot to mention an unusually large number of lugs holding the rim on.We knew it wasn't one of the Three P's.American FIAT!No wonder we were stumped!Finding where I stuck those pictures is now on the list of things to do when I get home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 06:49 am:

I was told a old German by the name of Seamour Hiney invented the minnie skirt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 07:50 am:

I think she's trying out for Fox and Friends First. Look out Heather!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration