Towncar question.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Towncar question.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 10:39 am:

I would like to know, if you have a towncar or had one in the past, how many leaves are there in the front and rear springs? The body is so much heavier than the rest of the model T's that if someone sits in the car along with the driver the whole car sags considerably. Frank 818-254-6797

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Fully standard for 12 Frank.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Another way to check, would be to check a parts book for the year of your towncar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

I figured it would be standard but 104 year old springs and sorta tired, and heavy body, may be better off to have 8 in front instead of 7 and 9 in the rear instead of 8 but i'm just a rockie and don't know. Thank You . Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

My Town Car only has standard springs.
having seen the amount of people and other things loaded into Model T's I think the standard springs are more than capable of handling a bit of extra weight.

A easier and better solution than adding leaves would be to have the springs re set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

My '13 town car also has standard springs, but it also has a set of single Hassler coils, front and rear.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration