Old Photo - Model T Era - Esso Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Esso Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:02 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Great photo. Note the exchange box on the openwire telephone pole.
5 arms is a major through-line to somewhere ! Odd that there would be
an exchange box at a location like this. These were generally placed where
the drop to the exchange building was taken. Could it be in the building
behind ???

The builder must have run short on bricks and had a lot of mortar ! Those
mortar lines are half the thickness of the bricks !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Perhaps he got paid per sack of cement instead of per brick :-).

There was a small vacant station like that on Rt 20 between Ashtabula and Geneva Ohio that I was always going to pull in and take pictures of my cars but I kept putting it off and now last summer they tore it down :-( should've could've would've only taken a few minutes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

I'd give anything to own that esso banner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

Banners are so easy to make. Take that photo to a banner printer, and let them do their magic.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration