New to me 1923 T & a big thank you

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New to me 1923 T & a big thank you
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 07:57 pm:

Good evening,
I heeded the advice from the Forum members & bought the best T that I could afford. Many members personally contacted me with advice & leads after my initial questions about a lesser car. I'm truly amazed by the Forum members willingness to help. I read the Forum daily & thoroughly enjoy it! So thank you all!

I'm sure I will have plenty of questions in the near future.

Travis

application/octet-stream
Model T snow1.jpg (195.9 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Easier to view:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Beautiful car, congratulations! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Looks like you did well! I love that year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Looks like it smells pretty good! Nothing like that New Model T smell!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

Erik,

That is a great image !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Erik, thanks for making the picture visible. I do not know what I did wrong.

Getting it home was interesting. My first on a real road driving lesson was the 2O mile drive home in the rain with my 9 year old son beside Me. The T did great! I was followed by My better half & daughters in the support vehicle but it was still tense at times. We all safely made it. Looking back 2 weeks later, it was fun & will not soon be forgotten!

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:15 am:

Welcome to the Model T Family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 06:57 am:

Nice ride Eric.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 07:29 am:

Very nice touring car. I see a lot of fun drives in your future :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:48 am:

Very Cool Car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Congratulations Travis! Beautiful car. Sounds like it got a great new caretaker, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Very nice! Welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:52 am:

Just to clarify -

Travis VanGorder is the owner of the car, not me.

I just posted his photo to make it easier to view instead of having to click on the attachment in his first post.

Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Sorry Travis
You have a very nice ride.
Enjoy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

20 miles? In the rain? Tense at times? And perhaps new to the model T?
Woohoo! Beautiful automobile! Glad for you and welcome!
Congrats Travis! Thank you Erik for re-posting that pic. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Duey C, yes 20 miles in the rain & I'm VERY new to Model T's. I've run a lot of equipment, trucks, tractors, old stuff & even own a Model A but the Model T is definitely different! I had long driveway practice before purchasing but the drive home was my baptism by fire.

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Also, the clincher (no pun intended) for the purchase was that I could start it on magneto THANKS to all the info I've read here! Other things I've read, learned & absorbed here also came to the table upon inspection of the car.
I did not post until recently but have read every day & every topic since before joining the Forum. I am one of the lurkers, gleaning information from you knowledgeable folks, you all do good FUN work here!

Travis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

Woohoo! And a model A man (plus a machinery man too)!
Mag starts too!
Woohoo!
I try to lurk but my fingers get the best of me sometimes.
These folks DO know their stuff.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Duey C, I see you are in Minnesota. My Mother's whole side of the family is in Minnesota & we visited twice yearly in my younger days. You are not far from Wadena, Bertha & Eagle Bend where I have a lot of family. I also have seen a lot of Model T's in Minnesota I wish I could have purchased & talked family into transporting out to Oregon!
That is nice country, except for the humidity & state bird. I believe it is the mosquito, yes?
Seriously though, the clear cold snowy days with sunshine make me want to live there all winter when I'm in the wet Willamette Valley in Oregon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

Tense driving rings a bell. Until last May I had never driven a T farther from home than about ten miles. Early on a Saturday morning, about six, I set out in my 1915 roadster for a Model T field day at Galva, about 125 miles north. Every few miles I would catch myself feeling tense, and try to relax. When I rolled in here at 7:30 that night after the 250 mile round trip I was perfectly relaxed. Practice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis D.W. VanGorder on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:58 pm:

Steve,
Was that the trip with detours & muddy roads I read about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Steve, please post a link of that trip. It was awesome to see and be on that trip almost with you!
Travis, yup just an hour North of here. It's funny, right here there are no other T's out and about. I'm fixing that. Again. :-)
Ya, the skeetos are near as big as hummingbirds here. They'll pick you up and carry you away if not careful... ;-)
You remember the nice winter days quite correctly! When it ain't blowin' or snowin', it is so beautiful here in winter.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:12 am:

Yep, that's the one where I slid off the muddy road into the brush.

I ended up with a busted top socket, but the day was great fun anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvsqSdzZQaU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 03:57 am:

What a wonderful story told by film! Many thanks for that Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cooley on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Travis VanGorder I have sent you a PM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration