Aeromore Whistle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Aeromore Whistle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:33 pm:

How do you mount yours? Pictures please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill in Stamford, CT on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 07:01 am:

I have one on my car. I didn't mount it so will have to try to get some photos of the installation later this morning and post them. Not just the connection to exhaust, but I'll also get the path of the wire that engages the whistle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 07:17 am:

It doesn't mount to anything except the exhaust pipe. You cut a hole in the pipe and clamp it on. Run a coat hangar wire through a small hole in the floor board. Curl the end of the coat hangar wire so you can screw it to a piece of broom stick handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:20 am:

I set mine up with a cut out pedal on the rear floor board so all I have to do is depress it with the heel of my foot. The cut out itself is mounted as Royce described but my set up required a small pulley and light cabling with a pull back spring. I am not where the car is now or I would take a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:06 am:

I've found that the farther back the exhaust pipe you cut the hole, the less "pulsing" of the whistle you'll get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:40 am:

That is why you want it as far forward as possible. Lot sharper sound. I've seen some mounted to the rear of the muffler. Not too good if you ask me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill in Stamford, CT on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:01 am:

Mine is installed as above, and uses a pair of safety wire "wires", twisted and going through floor near junction of front floor and front seat. Small wooden handle. Simple is the answer.

I'll still take some photos to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Good stuff. This is a great start. I am interested in the sting, wire and pulleys to trigger the whistle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill in Stamford, CT on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 12:52 am:

Photos - finally. Tough to get good pictures of the wire. I noticed that it's not 2 separate wires, but rather one wire, doubled over and twisted. I'm pretty sure you would yank the exhaust system out of the car before that wire would break.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration