Old Photo - At The Pump

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - At The Pump
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 08:58 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:02 am:

Nice pic. Well worn car, sagging front bow, missing hubcap, paint is ratty as heck. Love those pumps! Thanks as always, Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:24 am:

Note the $.04 tax!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Judging from the whole scene, including the other car which looks nearly new, the Model T would be about a '23, maybe about 12 years old or so, right? Wonder what made that front top bow sag (or warp) like that?

Yet another really great photo Jay,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

4 cent tax on a 13 cent price ..... let's do the math here ... 30.7% tax rate.

I wonder what fuel taxes paid for in 1935 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

I figure the taxes paid for roads, like today, except where politicians raid the highway fund to cover their mismanagement. (Are you listening, Kansas?) In the thirties we were still in the massive road building movement that began in the teens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Steve, I don't know much about Kansas politicians but here in California we have Governor Jerry Brown spending our tax dollars on his crazy train to no where and other such things. We have some of the worst maintained roads in the nation. I'm a retired California highway engineer and hated to see the day Brown became governor again in 2010.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Here in NJ they just raised the gas tax 23 cents a gallon, the people were outraged! At the polls one of the questions to vote on was to make sure that the gas tax was ONLY to go to the transportation trust fund for road work, so the politicians cant raid it to cover their mismanagement.
But I'm sure they will figure out some loophole to grab that money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 07:08 pm:

Here's a Typical disenfranchised New Jersey voter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Doug, I think in Ohio we're paying something like 40-44 cents per gal. tax. Reason I can't remember, is it's so high, I don't WANT TO remember!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration