Old Photo - "Good Roads" On The Coolige Highway, Royal Oak, Michigan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - "Good Roads" On The Coolige Highway, Royal Oak, Michigan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Hi Jay,

Yet another wonderful image! Thank you for sharing it.

This picture reminds me of a photo that was shown to me very early in my Model T "career". Old Ralph, the semi-retired mechanic at the local Ford dealership, had helped us to "awaken" the '23 TT which my Grandfather had put up on blocks in the barn in 1948. That took place in 1967. Over the years and during subsequent visits to Ralph's home he opened up more about his past.

On a trip west with a buddy in the very early Twenties, they encountered their first experience driving on a concrete road somewhere in New York. They were so astonished and impressed that they snapped a picture of the road, to show to the folks back home.

Please remember, cameras were expensive then, as was film, developing and printing. It was not as it is now with our digital cameras (and phones) allowing us to photograph our breakfast to show (with social media) to our friends. If you took a picture back then, the event or subject was notable.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration