I've got to learn to read better

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I've got to learn to read better
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

I swear every time I look at the "Varnishing Wooden Spokes" thread title, I read "Vanishing Wooden Spokes".

And every time I see "My Wonderful Wife", I read it as "My Wonderful Life". Maybe it's time for a Jimmy Stewart fix.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

I'm there with ya, every time some one says mistletoe I hear missing toes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Hal,

Every time I hear " Hey Dumb@ss " I turn to look ....

I have to learn to listen better .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

Hal, I also couldn't figure out what "vanishing" spokes were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 01:02 pm:

Every time I hear a bell ring, an angel gets his wings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

This time of year every time i hear a bell ring,it's time to get a dollar out for the Salvation Army Kettle!!! I would much rather take a whipping than walk by a Kettle without giving!! Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Bud, Of course, you do sort of resemble that jolly old elf, too.

(Message edited by touringtom on December 20, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

I also saw "Vanishing" spokes. I was wondering if it might be some odd accessory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 04:50 pm:

I have a set of vanishing spoke wheels if anyone is intersted. Pretty comon though, just let them sit outside for about 90 years. Ide hate to put a price on them cause I dont want to start over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

That is so funny. I also read that several times as "vanishing spokes" I thought WHAT?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

I'm removing varnish from a set of early wheels that are on my car. Three down, and one to go. The guy who varnished them would kill me if he knew what I'm doing. To me, varnished wheels on an early T just don't look right. Sorry Keith!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dunlap - Orlando, Florida on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

You all crack me up. I was very careful to proof read my original "Varnishing Wooden Spokes" posting. When I saw this thread and realized you saw "vanishing" instead of "varnishing," I broke into a mild sweat and immediately went back to see how that error slipped past my proof reading.

Now, all I see is vanishing spokes, too. You've all corrupted my vision. I guess we've spent too much time on this forum and need to get out and do some work on our cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Thats the spirit Eric!!! Some others should take yout advice.
Merry Christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 07:51 am:

Nope, nothing wrong with your post at all. Just my reading skills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 08:51 am:

I hear ringing all the time!
It must mean I'm getting closer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 09:28 am:

I'm with you Fred I've heard ringing since I retired (USN). Oh well 2 lives down working on third six more to go, I am so far behind, so I think I will sit back and have another cup of Coco.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration